Welcome to the APTA Michigan Clinical Education Consortium (CEC)…promoting collaboration in physical therapy clinical education in and beyond Michigan.
The CEC is a Special Interest Group for Clinical Education. The CEC provides information, resources, and contacts within Michigan and from the APTA Academy of Education (APTE) and the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT) National Consortium of Clinical Educators (NCCE). The CEC meetings are in the spring and fall annually. The CEC has two regional subsections in Michigan. The Western Michigan Clinical Education Forum (WMCEF) and the Detroit Area Clinical Education Forum (DACEF). All are welcome to participate at our meetings, attend our courses, and are encouraged to become a resource on clinical education for your workplace. We welcome your feedback and participation.
- ACAPT/NCCE clinical education resource
- Download Site Coordinator for Clinical Education Manual
- Collaborative Clinical Education Success in the 2:1 Model
- General Information Gathered at Site Visits – Michigan DPT Programs
- CPI Web
- PT and PTA New User including students and CI’s Quick Start Guide for the CPI Web Training
- CSIF Web
- The APTA Academy of Educations Clinical Education SIG has many resources which you do not need to be a member to access. They are available at this link
Professional Development Opportunities in Clinical Education
- Clinical Educators Professional Development Online Course covering the topics of pain management, student supervision, professional behaviors, and mentoring generation Z students is available on demand through APTA MI at: https://aptami.org/events/webinars/
- APTA and ACAPT Educational Leadership Conference (ELC) October 28-30, 2022 https://educationalleadershipconference.org/events/annual-conference/2022/index.cfm – Apply for a $500 scholarship to attend ELC here: ELC Application Form 2022 Applications are due June 1st.”
- Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program Level 1 and Level 2
Interested in sponsoring a course? Click HERE.
CEC Research Grant
- The CEC in conjunction with the APTA MI Institute for Education and Research will provide up to $500 per year to support research in physical therapy clinical education. Apply for the CEC Research Grant through the APTA MI Institute for Education and Research here.
SIGCE Award Information and Committee Contacts
Cindy Kincaid Outstanding CI Award:
- Congratulations to the 2021 Cindy Kincaid Outstanding CI Award recipient, Monica Aho!.
- 2022 Cindy Kincaid Outstanding CI Award Committee Members: Kirk Randall (Chair), Daren Webb and Kristin VanderArk
Norene Clouten Outstanding SCCE Award:
- Congratulations to the 2021 Norene Clouten SCCE Award recipient, Krissy Stein!
- 2022 Norene Clouten SCCE Committee Members: Karen Berg (Chair), Linda Hall, Martha Schiller, Kathy Agrusa, Kim Schwartz
- Nomination Forms: Norene Clouten Nomination Form 2022 and Cindy Kincaid Nomination Form 2022 (Forms are also on the APTA Michigan Awards Page: https://aptami.org/member-awards/
- Please submit nominations to the chair of the appropriate committee.
ACCE/DCE List of Contacts
- NCCE Purpose: The National Consortium of Clinical Educators (NCCE) represents and engages academic and clinical educators through partnerships to advance excellence and innovation in physical therapist education.
- NCCE website contains information about the NCCE, NCCE leadership, minutes of business and general membership meetings, resources including ACAPT and NCCCE Regional Liaisons, ELC meeting reports, and more.
- ACAPT is the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy
- ACAPT Vision: Transforming health and health care through excellence and innovation in physical therapy education.
- ACAPT website contains information about ACAPT, ACAPT leadership, annual meeting minutes, motions and results, national student honor society, PT education research network, and more.
- ACAPT Website: https://www.acapt.org/
APTA Michigan Clinical Education Consortium Application for ELC Scholarship 2021
The APTA Michigan Clinical Education Consortium (APTA MI CEC) seeks to provide financial support to its members to assist them in attending professional association conferences related to clinical education. Funds have been put aside to support APTA Michigan members who have been active in the APTA Michigan CEC, DACEF or WMCEF, to attend the 2022 Education Leadership Conference. Up to three $500 scholarships will be awarded.
To apply for these funds, please complete this form by June 1, 2022 and submit it to one of the APTA Michigan CEC Co-Presidents: Ashley Van Dam at Ashley.VanDam@SpectrumHealth.org or Chris Wilson at email@example.com.
- APTE is the APTA Academy of Physical Therapy Education
- The Academy serves as a point of contact for those interested in patient and professional education, and a mechanism for networking and professional development. The operative philosophies that support the entire Academy of Physical Therapy Education involve a commitment to excellence in education, scholarship about education and leadership within the profession that relies so heavily on the teaching and learning process to support and maintain health.
- APTE website: https://aptaeducation.org/