Michigan Board of Physical Therapy
MiPlus Online Licensing
APTA Michigan Webinars
Implicit Bias Training
The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) recently posted a set of FAQs to clarify requirements related to Implicit Bias Training.
- Items to note:
- This requirement is separate from and in addition to the requirement for 24 PDR credits for renewal. For a 2 year renewal cycle you will need 2 hours of Implicit Bias Training
- The new requirements take effect June 1, 2022. If you are renewing in 2022 and renew BEFORE June 1 the training is not required. If you renew AFTER June 1 you will need 1 hour of training for this renewal only.For subsequent renewals you will need 2 hours -1 hour for each year in the renewal cycle.
Identification of victims of Human Trafficking
Professional Development Requirements
- When accumulating PDRs, it is the responsibility of each licensee to consider which activity code to use after:
- Reviewing the full detail of each activity code and then
- Matching the content of the activity the licensee performed to the activity code they selected
- Dept of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) forms:
- If audited, each licensee should be able to explain their rationale for choosing a particular activity code.