Michigan Board of Physical Therapy
MiPlus Online Licensing
APTA Michigan Webinars
Implicit Bias Training
The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) posted a set of FAQs to clarify requirements related to Implicit Bias Training.
Items to note:
- This requirement is separate from and in addition to the requirement for 24 PDR credits for renewal. For a 2 year renewal cycle you will need 2 hours of Implicit Bias Training
- The new requirements take effect June 1, 2022. If you are renewing in 2022 and renew BEFORE June 1 the training is not required. If you renew AFTER June 1 you will need 1 hour of training for this renewal only.For subsequent renewals you will need 2 hours -1 hour for each year in the renewal cycle.
APTA Michigan will offer Implicit Bias Training at our Spring and Fall Conferences in addition to scheduling live webinars during the year. Check the webinar schedule for upcoming dates. Member cost for our webinars is $20.
One and 2-hour trainings are available through Michigan Implicit Bias Training. The cost for their 2-hour course is $40.
The Michigan Health Council offers many live Implicit Bias hybrid webinar dates during the year at a cost of $50.
Identification of victims of Human Trafficking
This is a ONE TIME requirement. Licensees only need to take this course once.
Professional Development Requirements
- When accumulating PDRs, it is the responsibility of each licensee to consider which activity code to use after:
- Reviewing the full detail of each activity code and then
- Matching the content of the activity the licensee performed to the activity code they selected
- Dept of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) forms:
- If audited, each licensee should be able to explain their rationale for choosing a particular activity code.