This 1-hour webinar is designed to give therapists a brief introduction to the current science of pain. It will cover the proposed mechanisms of pain generation and how the old understanding of pain can limit options for recovery. The class will also provide suggestions for additional learning. This course meets the criteria for 1 PDR credit in pain and symptom management required for re-licensure.
At the end of this webinar, the participant will be able to
- Describe the societal problem of pain.
- Understand individual professional responsibility and general opportunities for the profession.
- Biomechanical Postural Structural vs Biopsychosocial mechanisms of pain
- Define pain and pain mechanisms.
- Determine how and when to assess mechanisms
- Understand the meaning response and the power of story.
- Outline the steps to get started in more effective pain management