Updates on the latest state and federal issues and information about how you can be involved in our grassroots efforts
The APTA Michigan Legislative Committee works with the APTA Michigan Lobbyist Firm, Muchmore, Harrington, and Smalley (Members Only – Login Required) and the APTA Michigan Board of Directors. This committee is a resource for APTA Michigan members to get answers to specific questions regarding legislation in Michigan. Advocacy and Legislation at a National level is handled by APTA.
If you would like to become more involved in legislative issues please see Action Steps for PT.
The support and participation of all APTA Michigan members is much appreciated as we continue this investment in our future. If you have any suggestions, questions, answers or want to get more involved in any other way, please contact the APTA Michigan office.
- APTA MI Legislative Issue Quick Facts 2022-2023
- APTA MI Legislative Issue Quick Facts 2022 [Members Only – Login Required]
- Do’s and Don’ts for Talking to Legislators [Members Only – Login Required]
- SB 612 – Prior Authorization: APTA Michigan Testimony before the Senate Health Policy and Human Services Committee January 30, 2020 [Members Only – Login Required]
- CPAN – Coalition Protecting Auto No Fault [Members Only – Login Required]
- Direct Access – History and Current Status [Members Only – Login Required]
- Fair Co-pay [Members Only – Login Required]
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Stay Informed!
- Visit the APTA Advocacy and Government Affairs Website for National Information and Resources.
- Michigan Advocacy is coordinated for APTA Michigan members via the APTA Legislative Action Center and all members receive email alerts when there is a call for action. If you are not receiving emails from MPTA/ APTA please contact the office to verify your email information is current.
- Stay Alert!
- The APTA Advocacy Network grassroots program is a vital link to APTA’s success on Capitol Hill. All PTeam members receive a quarterly newsletter on legislative activity on Capitol Hill and Legislative Action Alerts on current federal legislative issues.
- Click Here to Join