Welcome to the Michigan Physical Therapy Clinical Education Consortium...promoting collaboration in physical therapy clinical education in and beyond Michigan.
This Consortium is a Special Interest Group for Clinical Education and is for you to get information, resources and contacts. You can get more involved by your participation at our meetings, at our courses and by being a resource for your sites. We welcome your feedback, involvement and participation.
SIGCE Award Information and Committee Contacts
SIG Award Committee Members:
- Cindy Kincaid Outstanding Clinical Instructor Award
- Congratulations to Jeffrey Cook PT, DPT the Outstanding CI for 2019
- 2020 Cindy Kincaid CI Committee (WMCEF) committee members are Abby McGee, Karen Ozga , Kirk Randall, and Kristin Vanderark
- Norene Clouten Outstanding Center Coordinator of Clinical Education Award
- Congratulations to Sarah McAllister PT the Outstanding CCCE for 2019
- 2020 Norene Clouten CCCE committee members are Linda Hall (Chair), Kim Schwartz, Christine Decker.
- Nomination Forms can be found here.
- Please send completed nomination forms to the committee chair or member whose email is listed above.
- Thank you to those who served on our 2019 SIG Award Committees! New committees will be formed within the DACEF and WMCEF this fall.
ACCE/DCE List of Contacts
- NCCE Purpose: The National Consortium of Clinical Educators (NCCE) represents and engages academic and clinical educators through partnerships to advance excellence and innovation in physical therapist education.
- NCCE website contains information about the NCCE, NCCE leadership, minutes of business and general membership meetings, resources including ACAPT and NCCCE Regional Liaisons, ELC meeting reports, and more.
- ACAPT is the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy
- ACAPT Vision: Transforming health and health care through excellence and innovation in physical therapy education.
- ACAPT website contains information about ACAPT, ACAPT leadership, annual meeting minutes, motions and results, national student honor society, PT education research network, and more.
- ACAPT Website: https://www.acapt.org/
- APTE is the APTA Academy of Physical Therapy Education
- The Academy serves as a point of contact for those interested in patient and professional education, and a mechanism for networking and professional development. The operative philosophies that support the entire Academy of Physical Therapy Education involve a commitment to excellence in education, scholarship about education and leadership within the profession that relies so heavily on the teaching and learning process to support and maintain health.
- APTE website: https://aptaeducation.org/