Welcome to the APTA Michigan Clinical Education Consortium...promoting collaboration in physical therapy clinical education in and beyond Michigan.
This Consortium is a Special Interest Group for Clinical Education and is for you to get information, resources and contacts. You can get more involved by your participation at our meetings, at our courses and by being a resource for your sites. We welcome your feedback, involvement and participation.
- Download Site Coordinator for Clinical Education Manual
- Collaborative Clinical Education Success in the 2:1 Model
- CPI Web
- PT and PTA New User including students and CI's Quick Start Guide for the CPI Web Training
- CSIF Web
- Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program Level 1 and Level 2
- The APTA Academy of Educations Clinical Education SIG has many resources which you do not need to be a member to access. They are available at this link
SIGCE Award Information and Committee Contacts
SIG Award Committee Members:
- Cindy Kincaid Outstanding Clinical Instructor Award
- Congratulations to Suzette Smith PT, DPT the Outstanding CI for 2020
- 2021 Cindy Kincaid Outstanding CI Committee (DACEF) members are Erica Sherman (Chair) email@example.com, Krissy Stein, Linda Hall, Kim Schwartz
- Norene Clouten Outstanding Center Coordinator of Clinical Education Award
- Congratulations to David George PT the Outstanding CCCE for 2020
- 2021 Norene Clouten Outstanding SCCE Committee (WMCEF) members are David George (Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org, Crystal Parker, Sandy Sparrow, Ashley VanDam.
- Nomination Forms can be found here.
- Please send completed nomination forms to the committee chair or member whose email is listed above.
- Thank you to those who served on our 2019 SIG Award Committees! New committees will be formed within the DACEF and WMCEF this fall.
ACCE/DCE List of Contacts
- NCCE Purpose: The National Consortium of Clinical Educators (NCCE) represents and engages academic and clinical educators through partnerships to advance excellence and innovation in physical therapist education.
- NCCE website contains information about the NCCE, NCCE leadership, minutes of business and general membership meetings, resources including ACAPT and NCCCE Regional Liaisons, ELC meeting reports, and more.
- ACAPT is the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy
- ACAPT Vision: Transforming health and health care through excellence and innovation in physical therapy education.
- ACAPT website contains information about ACAPT, ACAPT leadership, annual meeting minutes, motions and results, national student honor society, PT education research network, and more.
- ACAPT Website: https://www.acapt.org/
APTA Michigan Clinical Education Consortium Application for ELC Scholarship 2021
The APTA Michigan Clinical Education Consortium (APTA MI CEC) seeks to provide financial support to its members to assist them in attending professional association conferences related to clinical education. Funds have been put aside to support APTA Michigan members who have been active in the APTA Michigan CEC, DACEF or WMCEF, to attend the 2021 Education Leadership Conference. Up to three $500 scholarships will be awarded.
To apply for these funds, please complete this form by June 30, 2021 and submit it to one of the APTA Michigan CEC Co-Presidents: Ashley Van Dam at Ashley.VanDam@SpectrumHealth.org or Karen Berg at email@example.com.
- APTE is the APTA Academy of Physical Therapy Education
- The Academy serves as a point of contact for those interested in patient and professional education, and a mechanism for networking and professional development. The operative philosophies that support the entire Academy of Physical Therapy Education involve a commitment to excellence in education, scholarship about education and leadership within the profession that relies so heavily on the teaching and learning process to support and maintain health.
- APTE website: https://aptaeducation.org/